USDA Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
Lean Assorted Pork Chops
Because it is Wayfield Foods mission to provide the best food at the lowest cost and promote healthy living and February is National Hear Month, let's have a "heart to heart" conversation about good heart health!
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease, says the American Heart Association.
However, the good news is that heart disease can often be prevented when people make healthy choices, particularly with food consumption. Communities, health professionals, and families can work together to create opportunities for people to make healthier choices. Wayfield Foods aspires to make a difference in our communities by spreading the word about strategies for preventing heart disease and encouraging people to live heart healthy lives.
Help us make a difference in our communities to raise awareness about heart disease and how people can prevent it.
Here are just a few ways we can all work together to spread the word:
• Encourage families to make small changes to their diet, like using spices to season their food instead of salt.
• Motivate teachers and administrators to make physical activity a part of school. This can help students start good habits early.
• Ask doctors and nurses to be leaders in their communities and speak out about ways to prevent heart disease.
• Add information about living a heart healthy lifestyle to your newsletter.
• Tweet about American Heart Month.
• Host a community event where families can be active while learning about heart matters.
Let's take action: Be the cure! Join the national movement in support of healthier communities and healthier lives to keep our hearts from skipping a beat!